Welcome to the Families First Pals Blog Hop for April 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are all about our families. This is a great time of year to think about what to make for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or upcoming graduations. And, family vacations are just around the corner… how would you want to remember those special family moments? We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
This project today was hard for me. Not because I couldn’t come up with a card to celebrate family, and you might be wondering why I’m featuring this particular card. Well, my dad passed away last week and the last 7 days have been a tough for my whole family. My dad loved the family he and my mother created; 4 children, 4 sons-and daughters-in-law, 8 grandchildren, 1 grandson-in-law, and 2 great-grandchildren. We made quite a crowd when we went anywhere. My card today reflects what I’ve been doing so much of lately, just sitting and thinking about my dad. It certainly isn’t the card I thought I would make when I signed up to be a part of this Pal Blog Hop but I hope you like it.
- I stamped the swing twice, once with Early Espresso on Whisper White and again with Night of Navy on Whisper White.
- I snipped out the swing and colored it in with a crumb cake marker. I snipped just the cushion from the Night of Navy and colored in the cushion with the Night of Navy Marker and a blender pen and attached it to the swing.
- I popped it all up on dimensionals.
- I used pieces of the retired Kraft Rope Trim to hold up the swing.
My dad loved sitting outside on the deck, or porch enjoying his family. This stamp set was the perfect set for me to use today to celebrate my family. Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Susan Itell at simplestampin.com
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery YOU ARE HERE
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards