Before I get to today’s card, let me just say a big Happy 5th Birthday to Hadley, my granddaughter. She is so lovely, and funny, and smart, and goofy, and at times, older than her years, as evidence in this picture. Check out the coordinating jewlery. And yes, her eyes are actually that big, and blue as can be and she know exactly how to use them to get what she wants, like ice cream. Precious
Masks are not just for covering up faces at Halloween. Masks in the stamping world are used to create designs, backgrounds, embossing, etc. Masks can be purchased, like the mask I use here today, or created by cutting out an image with a framelit or thin lit die and coloring within it. Try your hand at using a Mask this week and let me know what you came up with. I’d love to see your masking talent.
- Patterned Party Decorative Masks were introduced with the new Embossing Paste, but as you can see on my card, they are just as handy using with ink alone. I covered the Soft Sky card base with the mask, taping down the card base and the mask with post-it tape so it didn’t shift, and used a stencil brush to add the color, brushing from side to side. I wanted there to be some gradient to the color, with lighter on the outside and darker in the middle.
- I know it kind of looks like this card has a black card base, but, no, that’s just the color of the background for my picture. However, it does look nice that way, perhaps another version of this card is in the works.
- Now, for the sentiment. I wanted a vertical sentiment to fit on the side and had originally thought the Label Me Pretty stamp set and coordinating Pretty Label punch would work but it was too big for my spacing. The Lovely Laurel die set has a cute little label shape that was the right size, but the stamp set didn’t have a vertical greeting that I wanted. Time to get creative.
- I stamped the floral image from label me pretty on another piece of Soft Sky, but only one end. I didn’t ink up the other end. I just wanted it on the top.
- I used the framelit from Lovely Laurel to cut it out. That image fits perfectly inside that framelit
- I used the Thank You from Eastern Beauty.
Thanks for visiting and Happy Stamping